In my previous blog post, ‘Value and ROI from Social Media: What can Health-Sciences learn from Retail?’, I discussed how visionary retail and consumer products companies were at the forefront of deploying social media (and mobility where relevant) to engage with their customers in new and exciting ways. These companies are leveraging social media (and mobility for greater reach) to “differentiate the consumer shopping and buying experience” and building loyalty thru dialog, listening and engagement with the consumer in whole new ways as was elucidated in ‘7 Stage Social Media (and mobility) Value and ROI Life cycle Model’ (figure 1 above). (more…)
- Value and ROI from Social Media: What can Health-Sciences learn from Consumer Products?
- Value and ROI from Social Media: What can Health-Sciences learn from best practices in Retail?
- Will mHealth Apps and Devices empower ePatients for Wellness and Disease Management? A Case Study
- Will Social Media find “Meaningful Usage” in a Healthcare Context?
- What are the Early Implications of Healthcare Reform, and Challenges and Opportunities thereof, for Key Players in the Healthcare Value Chain?
- Personalized Medicine: The Time is Now – are we there yet?
- What does Wal-Mart’s Healthcare Retail and IT Play imply for Patients, Physicians, Providers and the rest of us?
- Personalized Medicine – Myth, Pipe Dream or Realizable Promise?
- My Personal Health Record (PHR) in Microsoft’s Health Vault – Confessions of an “Early Adopter”!
- The Personal Health Record (PHR): Who will make this “Win-Win” for Patients to adopt?
- Will Siemens, Philips, GE Healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Medtronic and INTEL evolve into Senior Citizen Service Providers (SCSPs) in the near future?
- Can Life Sciences and Healthcare enable my evolution from “Passive Patient” to “Enlightened Prosumer”?!
In my previous blogpost, ‘Will Social Media find meaningful usage in a Healthcare context’, I have elucidated how social media is being adopted and leveraged in a Healthcare context and the new business and engagement models being rendered viable by social media, as well as best practices thereof.
However, the million dollar question that companies and organizations today find themselves challenged with is, “What is the value and return on investment (ROI) from Social Media initiatives to justify continued and incremental investments”? This blogpost will persevere to address this question using a ‘7 Stage Social Media (and mobility) Value and ROI Life cycle Model’ (figure 1 and table 1 below) proposed by this author, enumerating best practices in retail and consumer products. (more…)
This blogpost was first published on January 10th, 2011.
Milestone: The Health-Sciences Strategy Blog’s companion Tweetstream (@HITstrategy) was recognized by the HL-7 Healthcare Standards Blog as ‘One of the Top 10 in Healthcare IT and Social Media in Healthcare in 2010′ with the #HIT sm Award.
I would like to commence this new blogpost by wishing all my readers across the globe a very healthy, happy and prosperous New Year in 2011. The year definitely commenced with good tidings for me in the form of the ‘#HIT sm Top 10 Twitters on Healthcare IT and Social Media in Healthcare Award‘ from the prestigious HL-7 Healthcare Standards blog. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter (@HITstrategy), if interested – I would be honored.
Promising Years ahead for Healthcare IT and mHealth Adoption
2011, in my humble opinion, promises to be one of the most exciting years in terms of patient and physician empowerment thanks to the convergence of healthcare technologies including electronic health records (EHRs), healthcare information exchanges (HIEs), personal health records (PHRs), patient management and clinical information systems as well as the advent of exciting mobile medical devices, services and applications. (more…)
This blogpost was first published in July 2010.
Social networking tools or social media as they are referred to, comprise a myriad of platforms and tools like Blogs (leveraging platforms like Blogger, WordPress, TypePad, Drupal et al), Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter, MySpace, Slide Share, Skype, Podcasts, YouTube, Stumble Upon and hundreds of others mushrooming everyday. (more…)